INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (WITH NAMED CHILD) REQUIRED
SALARY SCALE: BR3 (£14705 approx.)
Hours: Full and Part Time, term time only
TO START ASAP
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 1 OCTOBER 2021
We are seeking to appoint an Individual Support Assistant to work with a specifically named child with SEND. Experience and appropriate qualifications in this area will be desirable but not essential (appropriate training will be provided).
We require someone who is motivated and committed to working within an inclusive framework. You will work closely with the class teacher to support the delivery of the curriculum and develop the social interaction of the pupil.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with children with autism.
- Is a committed and enthusiastic practitioner who has a passion for working with children.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Is able to create stimulating learning environments.
- Is trained and qualified, holding the NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Has English and Mathematics grade C or above at GCSE.
- Can be a committed team member of staff and be willing to become involved in the wider life of the school.
- Has high expectations of both themselves and pupils.
- Is motivated and enthusiastic.
Please note that all our staff need to be physically fit and robust enough to support our wide range of pupils with complex needs, including those pupils who require positive behaviour management.
Please find an application form, job description and person specification below. Any further questions can be directed to email@example.com.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks required for this post.