The team of Governors at Poverest Primary School is committed to promoting the best possible educational experience for every pupil at our school.
Our main role is to be a 'critical friend' to the school. The Governing Board's key functions are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The work of the Governing Board is supported by two main committees:
- Behaviour for Learning, Safeguarding and Community which is responsible for teaching and learning, well-being, safeguarding and communication with parents and the wider community.
- Resources which is responsible for finance, staffing and premises.
These committees normally meet once every term and report to the Full Governing Board which meets at least 4 times a year.